Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Hot Artichoke and Crab Dip

This recipe is perfect if you are looking for an appetizer for New Year's which is just around the corner.  It is my grandmother's recipe, and we have this every year when my family gets together during the holidays.  We didn't visit my family this year, but I still made it because its one of my favorites and feels like home to me. 

8 oz. crab meat
8 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
1 cup mayonaise
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 14 oz can artichoke hearts drained and chopped
3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese

*I just use imitation crab meat because that's what my grandmother uses, but I'm sure you could use the lump crab meat also. 

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  In a bowl, blend cream cheese and mayo together until smooth.  Stir in the remaining ingredients and place into glass pie plate.  I save a little cheese to sprinkle on top too. 
Bake uncovered 15-18 minutes, until heated through and lightly browned.  Let cool 15- 20 minutes before serving. 
Serve with crackers.  Ritz are my favorite with this or you could try any others you like. 

*I mixed mine the day before and then baked it right before I was serving it and that worked really well.  You will just need to bake it a little longer to heat it through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment